1 1/2 lbs. ground round
3/4 c. chopped onion
3/4 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1 (5.3 oz.) can evaporated milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
Parsley for garnish
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 green pepper, chopped
3 tbsp. chopped onion
1 (2 oz.) can sliced mushrooms, with liquid
1 1/2 c. tomato juice
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. each salt and dried thyme leaves
2 tbsp. water
1. Combine meat loaf ingredients. Shape into a loaf and place in an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch lightly oiled loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare Creole Sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan. Add green pepper and onion. Saute 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Add mushrooms with liquid and tomato sauce.
4. Mix cornstarch, salt and thyme with water. Stir into pepper and onion mixture.
5. Return pan to heat. Bring to boiling. Boil, stirring, for 1 minute or until sauce clears and thickens.
6. Slice meat loaf into 3/4-inch pieces. Spoon hot Creole Sauce over slices. Garnish with parsley.