Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz.) Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Splash of soy sauce
- Frank’s Hot Sauce, to taste
- Garnishes: Tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, cilantro
1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the chicken in oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until no longer pink.
2. Stir in broth and cornstarch. When cornstarch is dissolved, add beans, tomatoes, corn and seasonings. Bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 20 minutes, to desired thickness, stirring occasionally.
3. Add soy sauce and hot sauce. Serve with garnishes, if desired.