1 pound andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
* 1 (10-oz.) package frozen vegetable seasoning blend
* 1 (32-oz.) container low-sodium chicken broth
* 1 (14.5-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
* 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
* 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
1. Cook sausage in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
2. Add vegetable seasoning blend to hot drippings in Dutch oven, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add broth, next 5 ingredients, sausage, and if desired, ground red pepper. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 18 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Top with green onions, and serve immediately.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used McKenzie's Seasoning Blend frozen vegetables and Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes With Garlic.