Using canned beans and chicken broth make this crowd-pleasing chili convenient.
8 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 2 cups diced yellow onion (about 2 medium)
* 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 3 (15.8-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
* 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
* 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
* 1/2 cup diced seeded plum tomato (about 1)
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 8 lime wedges (optional)
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 10 minutes or until tender and golden. Add chili powder, garlic, and cumin; sauté for 2 minutes. Add oregano and beans; cook for 30 seconds. Add broth; bring to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes.
Place 2 cups of bean mixture in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Return pureed mixture to pan. Add turkey, and cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Add diced tomato, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper, stirring well. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.