Homemade Almond Roca candy is even better than the storebought version! This combination of roasted almonds, crunchy toffee and semisweet chocolate is a winner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
* 3.5 ounces almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
* 1 stick (8 tbsp) butter
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cover the bottom of the pan with the chopped almonds, reserving 2 tbsp for later use.
2. Place the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until fully melted. Add the brown sugar and stir constantly with a wooden spoon for seven minutes.
3. Immediately pour the hot sugar mixture over the almonds and spread smoothly to the edges with a spatula.
4. While mixture is still hot, sprinkle the chopped chocolate on top. Let the chocolate soften and melt, and smooth it evenly with a spatula or knife. Sprinkle the top with the reserved chopped almonds while the chocolate is still wet.
5. Place the pie pan in the freezer for 20 minutes to set the candy.
6. Remove from freezer and break apart, or cut into small squares with a large sharp knife. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.