Recipe for a meatloaf with a homemade barbecue sauce. Scroll down to see more meatloaf recipes.
* 2 pounds lean ground beef
* 1/2 cup bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper, half of the tomato sauce, and water. Mix together well. Shape into a loaf and place in shallow 7 x 11-inch baking pan.
In a saucepan, combine cider vinegar, brown sugar, prepared mustard, remaining 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Bring mixture to boil and pour sauce over meatloaf.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour 15 minutes, basting occasionally. Serves 6 to 8.