* 1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
* 1 rib celery, finely chopped
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
* 1 can (14.5 oz) tomatoes, chopped, undrained
* 1 jar (16 ounces) spaghetti sauce
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 jar (4 ounces) mushrooms, undrained
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 teaspoons Italian seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 8 ounces medium egg noodles
* 8 ounces sour cream, light
* 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
* 1 bunch (6 to 8) green onions, with tops, chopped
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown ground beef, celery, onion, and green pepper. Drain off excess fat. Add tomatoes, sauce, garlic, mushrooms, pepper, Italian seasoning, and salt. Stir well and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain. Stir in sour cream, cream cheese, and green onions; stir well. Spoon half the noodle mixture into a greased, oblong baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Serves 6 to 8.