This tasty Mexican-style casserole will surely become a family favorite.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 can (about 10 ounces) red enchilada sauce
* 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1 can (10 1/4 ounce) cream of chicken soup
* 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chile peppers
* 1 cup milk
* 1 small clove garlic, minced
* 1 package (about 7 ounces) tortilla chips, coarsely crumbled
* 8 ounces grated Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
* 1 can (4 ounce) chopped ripe olives
Preheat oven to 375°
In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion; remove from heat and drain off excess fat. Add chili sauce, soups, chopped chile peppers, milk, and minced garlic; mix well.
In a greased 9x13x2-inch baking pan, place a layer of half the coarsely crumbled tortilla chips; top with half of the ground beef mixture. Layer with remaining crumbled tortilla chips, then remaining meat mixture. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and chopped black olives over top. Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.