This ground beef recipe is a casserole made with green chiles, cheese, tomato sauce and seasonings with a biscuit and cheese topping.
Cook Time: 40 minutes
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 small can mild green chiles (4 ounces), drained
* 2 teaspoons chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
* 1 can of 10 refrigerated biscuits
* 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican blend cheese
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican blend Cheese
In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion; drain. Add chiles, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and tomato sauce. Simmer while preparing biscuit crust.
Separate biscuits, then separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Press 10 biscuit layers over the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch square baking dish. Combine 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream and egg. Remove meat mixture from heat then stir in sour ream mixture. Spoon mixture over biscuit dough. Arrange remaining 10 biscuit layers over the top of the meat mixture then sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes, or until biscuits are nicely browned.