The Best Buffalo Wings Outside of Buffalo
These are as great as the fantastic chicken wings a restaurant chain serves. Tangy, spicy, addictive and made to perfection by frying before coating with sauce.
While you don't get the girls with the owl eyes adorning their attire, you do get knock out taste that's easy on your wallet by making these amazing wings at home.
For an authentic restaurant presentation, serve the wings with bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks.
An Owl's Chicken Wing Recipe
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
20 chicken wing pieces (discard tip if not already separated)
1. Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in small bowl.
2. Place wings in a large bowl and sprinkle the flour mixture over them, coating each wing evenly.
3. Refrigerate wings for one hour.
4. Combine the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat.
5. Heat until the butter is melted and the spices are well-blended.
6. Deep-fry chicken, 8 - 10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree vegetable oil for 10 to 15 minutes or until some parts of the wings begin to turn dark brown.
7. Remove from the oil to a paper towel to drain for 3-5 minutes.
8. Place the wings in a large bowl. Add the hot sauce and stir, coating all of the wings evenly. Serve with bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side.