Bourbon balls, made with chopped pecans, vanilla wafers, cocoa, and corn syrup, along with bourbon and powdered sugar.
* 1 cup finely crushed vanilla wafers
* 1 cup finely chopped pecans
* 1 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar, divided
* 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
* 2 tablespoons bourbon
* 1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Combine vanilla wafer crumbs, chopped pecans, and 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar. In a measuring cup, blend the Bourbon and corn syrup; stir into the dry mixture. When thoroughly blended, cover and refrigerate for an hour or more. Sift about 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar onto a large piece of waxed paper. Shape small amounts of the dough into balls then roll in powdered sugar. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator. These can be frozen. Makes about 3 dozen.