Chicken Creole Recipe
Chicken Creole Ingredients:
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 3/4 cup)
1 small onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
1 can Cajun-style or Mexican-style tomatoes (14 1/2 ounces)
1/4 cup white wine (optional)
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (optional)
1. With a sharp knife, make 3 to 4 parallel slashes in each piece of chicken. Rub with seasoning mixture and salt, getting seasonings into slashes.
2. In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side, until browned. Remove and set aside.
3. Add pepper and onion to skillet; sauté 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Stir in tomatoes and wine.
4. Return chicken to pan, meat-side down. Partially cover with lid and reduce heat to medium-low.
5. Simmer 30 to 35 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked through.
6. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve over hot rice.