A great chicken and noodle bake from our forum.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
* 8 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
* 1/2 cup butter (8 ounces)
* 1 cup sliced mushrooms, about 4 ounces
* 1/3 cup flour
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1 cup milk
* 1/4 cup pimiento, chopped (2 ounce jar, drained)
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 2 cups cooked diced chicken
* 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook noodles according to package directions and drain. In large skillet, melt butter in a large skillet over low heat; sauté mushrooms. Blend in flour, stirring until smooth. Gradually add broth, milk, pimiento, salt and pepper, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened. In a buttered 2 1/2-quart casserole, combine noodles, chicken and sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top. Bake chicken noodle casserole 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated 350° oven.