This spicy meatloaf is made with ground spicy sausage and lean ground beef, chili style seasonings, shredded cheese, and salsa.
* 2 eggs, slightly beaten
* 1 pound bulk pork sausage, spicy
* 1 pound very lean ground beef
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1 cup quick-cooking oats
* 2 teaspoons garlic salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
* 1 cup chunky salsa
* salsa for topping, optional
* cheese for topping, optional
Preheat oven to 350°. With hands, gently combine all ingredients except topping options in a mixing bowl. Shape into a loaf and place in baking dish or loaf pan; bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until cooked through.
Serves 6 to 8.