Coconut Chicken Curry Recipe
The aromatic flavor of curry mixed with the sweet taste of coconut gives chicken an exotic flavor experience in this Coconut Chicken Curry recipe. This dish is perfect for special meals when you want to travel far away from the ordinary.
The smell of imported Indian spices as they cook will transport you to a country known for it's strong flavors and delightful dining experiences.
Pair it with Jasmine rice, the mix of cultures and flavors blend perfectly for a meal you won't forget.
Coconut Chicken Curry
2 Tablespoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon cooking oil
1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed, diced tomatoes
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup coconut, toasted
1. In a small bowl combine 1 Tablespoon of the curry powder, the salt and the pepper. Rub the chicken breasts with the curry mixture.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet , cook chicken, garlic and onion for 4 minutes or until chicken is brown (turning once). Remove chicken from skillet.
3. In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of the coconut milk with the remaining Tablespoon of curry powder until well mixed. Whisk in the rest of the coconut milk.
4. In the skillet combine the coconut milk mixture, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar. Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally. Add chicken breasts to the skillet.
5. Cover and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170F).
6. Sprinkle with toasted coconut before serving. Serve with hot cooked rice.