Meatloaf recipe with ground round. Scroll down the page for more meatloaf recipes.
* 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1 cup thinly sliced celery
* 3/4 shredded carrots
* 2 tablespoons water
* 2 pounds ground round
* 1/2 cup flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
* 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon or thyme
* 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add mushrooms, onion, celery, carrots, and water. Heat to boiling; cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender-crisp.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, flour, seasoned salt, tarragon, thyme, soy sauce, and the cooked vegetables. Mix gently and shape into a loaf on a greased, shallow baking pan (with sides). Bade at 350° for 55 to 65 minutes, or until loaf is crusty and browned.
Meatloaf serves about 8.