A honey mustard mixture is brushed on this meatloaf. Scroll down to see more meatloaf recipes.
* 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or combination of beef and turkey
* 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs, plain or seasoned
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 teaspoon chopped dried leaf basil, or less if bread crumbs are seasoned
* 1/2 teaspoon seasoned or plain salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 3 tablespoons Dijon style mustard
* 3 tablespoons honey
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onions, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir in eggs, mixing gently but thoroughly. Shape into loaf. Place loaf in baking pan. Combine honey and mustard, brush half of the mixture on loaf. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Brush with remaining honey and mustard mixture. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes longer. Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped green onion. Serves 6 to 8.