Pumpkin Butterscotch Fudge tastes like fall! Pumpkin puree and spices provide a warm, comforting pie flavor, while sour cream and butterscotch add a sweet, tangy undertone.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
* 3 cups sugar
* 1-1/2 sticks (6 ounces) butter
* 2/3 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
* 2 tbsp light corn syrup
* 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
* 1 (10-ounce) package butterscotch chips
* 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Prepare a 9x9 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the butter in a medium saucepan and heat it over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the butter is just melted. Watch the butter carefully so that it doesn’t brown.
3. Stir in the sugar, sour cream, canned pumpkin, corn syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes together, and insert a candy thermometer. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches 234 degrees (soft-ball stage).
4. Immediately remove the pan from the heat, and add the butterscotch chips, marshmallow crème, and vanilla extract. Stir quickly and vigorously until the chips melt and the mixture is smooth, well-combined and free of lumps.
5. Pour the fudge into the prepared pan, and allow to cool and set at room temperature. Once the fudge is set, cut it into small squares and serve. Pumpkin Butterscotch Fudge can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for over a week.