This white-chocolate based fudge is perfect for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or any fall day. Its aromatic combination of brown sugar, pecans, pumpkin, and spices smells like pumpkin bread and tastes like heaven. I recommend letting it firm up at room temperature if possible, so that the texture remains silky smooth.
* 3/4 cup unsalted butter, chopped
* 1.5 cups granulated sugar
* 1.5 cups brown sugar
* 2/3 cup evaporated milk
* 2/3 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp ground ginger
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* 1/8 tsp cloves
* 1/8 tsp allspice
* 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
* 7 ounces marshmallow cream or fluff
* 3/4 cup chopped, toasted pecans
Prepare a 9x13” baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray or lining it with foil.
2. Combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk, pumpkin, and spices in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until it reaches soft-ball stage, 235 degrees on a candy thermometer.
3. Take the pan off the burner and stir in the white chocolate until it melts.
4. Scoop the marshmallow cream and stir it into the candy until smooth. Add the chopped nuts last and stir until well combined.
5. Spoon the candy into the baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
6. Allow to cool and harden at room temperature until firm, preferably overnight.
To Serve: Cut into 1x1 squares.