* 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
* 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch slices
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
* 3 stalks celery, chopped
* 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes with juice
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole spice mix
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1-1/2 cups long-grain rice
1. Combine chicken, sausage, onion, green pepper, celery, tomatoes, garlic, chicken broth, spice mix, thyme and oregano in a large slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 hours.
2. Add shrimp and rice; raise heat to high and cook for 30 minutes more.