Ground beef with spices and tomatoes. Scroll down to see more ground beef recipes. More ground beef casserole recipes below.
Cook Time: 35 minutes
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 clove garlic, finely minced
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
* 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
* 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, until onion is tender and just begins to turn golden. Remove onion and garlic from the skillet; set aside. Add beef to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Pour off excess fat. Add remaining ingredients along with the onion and garlic. Mix well. Transfer to an ungreased 1-quart baking dish. Bake in a 375° oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Serve with rice or hot cooked noodles.