Scroll down to see more meatloaf recipes.
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 1 large onion, finely chopped
* 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
* 3 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, minced
* 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
* 1/3 cup tomato paste
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
* 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
* 1/2 cup bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup low-fat milk
* fresh salsa, see below
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic; sauté until soft, but not browned. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the jalapeno and red bell pepper, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne to the onion mixture, blending well. Add the turkey, ground beef, bread crumbs, and milk, combining thoroughly.
Transfer to a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350° oven 1 1/2 hours, or until cooked thoroughly. Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve with fresh salsa.