This sauce goes well with BBQ beef or pork served on the side at the table.
* 2 cups ketchup
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 6 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon vinegar
* 3 tablespoons molasses
* 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
* 2 teaspoons dry mustard (or 1 tablespoon prepared mustard)
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring.
2. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes while stirring.
Serve at room temperature.
Makes about 2-1/2 cups. Keep left over in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.