A Tex-Mex, or Southwestern, seasoned ground beef recipe.
Cook Time: 35 minutes
* 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, diced, undrained
* 10 corn tortillas
* 2 cups ricotta cheese
* 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese with chile peppers
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
* 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded lettuce
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
* 4 green onions, chopped (including green)
* 1 small can (4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
Brown ground beef; drain well.
Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, pepper, and canned diced tomatoes; cook until thoroughly heated. Cover bottom and sides of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with the corn tortillas. Pour beef mixture over tortillas; place a layer of tortillas over meat mixture and set aside. Combine ricotta cheese with Monterey Jack cheese and egg; pour over tortillas. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; garnish the top with narrow rows of Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, and olives.
Tex-Mex Lasagna recipe serves 6