* 1 9-inch pie crust
* 3 large eggs lightly beaten
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup light corn syrup
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 3 tablespoons good bourbon
* 1 cup semisweet-chocolate morsels
* 2 cups pecan halves
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Fit the pie crust into a pie plate, prick the bottom with a fork and set aside.
Combine the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, flour, corn syrup, melted butter and bourbon in a bowl. Lay the pecans evenly across the bottom of the pie crust. Top with the chocolate bits. Pour the egg mixture over the nuts and chocolate and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until firm. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.