* 15 Servings
* Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
* 3 to 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
* 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
* 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
* 3 cups torn fresh spinach
* 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
* 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
* 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
* 1/2 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
* 1-1/2 teaspoons pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
* 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil, optional
* In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast and sugar. Add water; beat until smooth. Add the oil, salt, dried basil, pepper, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 2 cups flour; beat until blended. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
* Meanwhile, place spinach in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 30 seconds or just until wilted. Uncover and set aside.
* Press dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread with pizza sauce; sprinkle with 2-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, sausage, onion, spinach, mushrooms and yellow pepper. Top with
* remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Sprinkle with pizza seasoning. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with fresh basil if desired. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 slices.