Since apples and zucchini are so abundant in this area, it's only natural that the two be used together in one recipe. I really don't know the origin of this bread, but I do know it's been one of my favorites for many years.
48 Servings Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon baking soda
* 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 5 eggs
* 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
* 2 cups sugar
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
* 1 cup shredded peeled apples
* 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
* In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and
* salt. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add oil, sugars and vanilla. Pour
* over dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in zucchini, apples and pecans
* (batter will be stiff). Spoon into three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf
* pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until done. Cool in pans
* for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
* Yield: 3 loaves.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 185 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
found this in Taste of Home.