My family, which includes my parents and six brothers and sisters, all love this recipe. Sometimes I use ground turkey in place of the ground beef.
6-8 Servings Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
* 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
* 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
* 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
* In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat
* until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the mushrooms,
* salt, oregano and pepper. Add the spinach, soup and sour cream. Stir
* in half of the mozzarella cheese.
* Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
* for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes
* longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 269 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 835 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
found on Taste of Home.