"I developed this dish while visiting a friend," says Mary Petrara of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. "She came home late from work and didn't have time to grocery shop. So I threw together this all-in-one skillet dish using pantry staples. Her family was so impressed that now she makes it for them once a week."
4 Servings Prep/Total Time: 15 min.
* 3/4 pound ground beef
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 3-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
* 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* Dash cayenne pepper
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* Additional cheddar cheese, optional
* In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat
* until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the macaroni, barbecue
* sauce, pepper and cayenne.
* In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium heat until
* butter is melted. Stir in cheese until melted. Pour over the
* macaroni mixture; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional
* cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 456 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Found on Taste of Home.