This recipe from Emma Hageman of Waucoma, Iowa provides all the flavor of traditional pizza in a convenient casserole. "It's chock-full of ground beef, pepperoni and veggies, so it's perfect for a potluck or to feed the men in the fields," she notes.
6-8 Servings Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
* 1 pound ground beef
* 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
* 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
* 1 cup chopped green pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
* 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
* In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
* Meanwhile, quarter the biscuits; place in a greased shallow 3-qt.
* baking dish. Top with pizza sauce. Drain beef; sprinkle over
* biscuits and sauce.
* Layer with the green pepper, onion, mushrooms, pepperoni and cheeses.
* Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is
* melted. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 369 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 968 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Found on Taste of Home.