Carrots, white onion and beef round steak slow cooked in gravy and seasoned with garlic and ginger, and soy sauce. Broccoli gets added in the final minutes, cooked until crisp tender, and oriental beef and broccoli is served hot over Chinese long grain white rice.
6 medium Carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 medium White Onions, cut into wedges
1 1/2 pounds Beef Round Steak, cut on the bias into 1/2 inch strips
2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced Fresh Ginger
1/2 cup Water
2 tablespoons Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
1 (0.75 ounce) envelope Beef Gravy Mix
4 cups Fresh Broccoli Florets
3 cups Hot Cooked Rice
Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1. Place layer of carrots in crockpot. Place white onion wedges on top of carrots. Place beef round steak strips over onions.
2. Whisk the water; soy sauce and gravy mix in a small bowl.
3. Pour over beef.
4. Sprinkle with garlic and fresh ginger.
5. Cover crockpot, set on LOW, and cool for 6-8 hours.
6. Set crockpot to HIGH. Stir in broccoli. Cover. Cook 15 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve over hot long grain white rice.