4 (1 ounce) squares
1 cup butter
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup Kahlua
1 1/3 cups sifted all
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 2 Hours 5 Minutes
"Rich frosted chocolate brownies with walnuts have 2 secret ingredients--black pepper and Kahlua."
1 cup chopped walnuts or
sliced toasted almonds
Kahlua Quick Fudge
2 (1 ounce) squares
1 (1 ounce) square semi
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons Kahlua
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 cups sifted powdered
1. Conventional method: Line bottom of 13x9 inch baking pan with cooking parchment.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Melt chocolate and butter with pepper over low heat. Leave to cool.
4. Beat eggs with sugar and vanilla until blended. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture, then Kahlua.
5. Re-sift flour, salt and baking powder into mixture and stir well until blended and then add nuts and turn into baking pan.
6. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake.
7. Leave in pan to cool.
8. Prepare Kahlua Quick Fudge Frosting: Melt chocolates with butter over a low heat.
9. Heat Kahlua and heavy cream together.
10. Combine chocolate and Kahlua mixtures with powdered sugar and beat until well blended and thick. If necessary, beat in a little extra powdered sugar for good spreading consistency.
11. Frost brownies immediately as mixture stiffens upon cooling. Sprinkle with additional nuts, if desired.
12. Cut in about 30 squares or bars.
Submitted By: Kahlua