* 4 Servings
* Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
* 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
* 2 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
* 16 slices pepperoni
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
* In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove and keep warm. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In the same skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; drain.
* Add marinara sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, turning once. Layer pork with pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.