Pork ribs are a barbecue staple, and this recipe is the simplest way to try them yourself.
1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
3 pounds pork spareribs
1. Grill the whole rib rack over low heat for one to one and a half hours.
2. Brush with the barbecue sauce during the last fifteen minutes, taking care not to let the sauce burn.
3. Cut the ribs into three-rib portions.
Southern Pulled Pork
This is a southern specialty and is the center of many summer parties. It's usually served on buns with coleslaw piled on top and lots of hot vinegar sauce.
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 boneless pork shoulder roast, 4 to 5 pounds
1. Combine all the spices to form a dry rub and press into all surfaces of the pork roast.
2. Grill over low heat for two and half to three hours. It should be about 170 degrees in the center. Let stand for ten minutes after you remove it from the grill.
3. Shred the pork into pieces with two forks. This is called pulling the pork, which is where it gets its name.
4. Mix in plenty of the vinegar sauce. The recipe for that is below.
Hot Vinegar Sauce for Pulled Pork
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Salt and pepper