* 4 Servings
* Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
* 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
* 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
* Minced fresh cilantro,
* In a large skillet, saute the onion, jalapeno and garlic in oil until tender. Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in rice.
* Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and cumin; place over rice mixture. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
* Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 4 servings.