From Pillsbury Slow Cooker Recipes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Makes about 8 servings.
1 20-oz can pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice
1 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger root
2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (Kikkoman's is my favorite!)
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/3 cups uncooked regular long-grain white rice
2 2/3 cups water
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup cornstarch
1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place pineapple chunks in small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
2. In 4 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker, combine carrots, onion, garlic, and ginger root; mix well. Top with chicken. In small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours.
4. About 35 minutes before serving, cook rice in 2 2/3 cups water as directed on package. Stir pineapple and bell peppers into chicken mixture. Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook 20 minutes.
5. In small bowl, blend 1/4 cup water and cornstarch until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Cover; cook on high setting for an additional 10 minutes. Serve chicken mixture with rice.
Serve with: If you're taking this dish to a potluck or if you just want more crunch to it, add chow mein noodles instead of rice.