* 8 Servings
* Prep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 cup water
* 1 envelope taco seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
* 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
* 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 tablespoon cornmeal
* 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
* 1 cup salsa
* 1 small onion, sliced
* In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, taco seasoning, garlic powder and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
* Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and chili powder. In a large bowl, combine cheeses; set aside. Sprinkle cornmeal into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
* Arrange five tortillas, overlapping, in the bottom of prepared dish; spread with 1/2 cup salsa. Layer with half of the meat mixture, onion and sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
* Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.