The following recipes are Cajun style and are very well suited to the tilapia fish.
Cajun Broiled Tilapia Recipe
• 1 lb fresh tilapia fillets
• 1 green bell pepper, sliced into rings
• 1 medium onion, 1 cut into rings
• 3 cloves garlic, pressed
• 1 tbs lemon juice
• 1/4 cup margarine, melted
• Salt, cayenne pepper and paprika
The fish is first seasoned with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Then the paprika is sprinkled on it. The broiling pan is sprayed with non stick cooking spray and the fish is placed on the pan. The garlic and margarine is mixed and brushed on to the fish, this preparation is then topped with rings of onions and bell pepper. The fish is broiled in such a way that is not very close to the flame until it turns flaky, it is then garnished with lemon slice and parsley.
• Half cup Parmesan cheese
• One fourth cup softened butter
• three table-spoons mayonnaise
• two table-spoons of fresh juice of lemon
• One- fourth teaspoon of basil (dried)
• One- fourth teaspoon black pepper
• One- eighth teaspoon onion (powder)
• One- eighth teaspoon salt(celery)
• 2 pounds tilapia fillets
The oven broiler is preheated. The pan is grease or lined with foil. The cheese, lemon juice butter and mayonnaise are mixed in a bowl. Seasoning of pepper, dried basil, onion powder & celery salt is added, mixed properly and put aside.
The fillets are arranged on a pan in a layer. They are then broiled at some distance for 2-3 minutes. The fillets are then plopped and broiled for some more time. They are then removed and covered with cheese. This preparation is then broiled for a couple of minutes until the top turns brown. Care should be taken to overcook the fish.