- This chicken recipe is made in the slow cooker with tortillas, corn, cooked chicken and chili powder, and chopped vegetables, along with other seasonings.
- 9 corn tortillas, 6-inch
- 1 can (12 to 16 ounces) whole kernel corn with peppers, drained
- 2 to 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green Chile peppers, mild
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese or mild Cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- guacamole and sour cream
Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place 3 tortillas in bottom of slow cooker. Top tortillas with the corn, half of the chicken, about half of the seasonings, and half of the Chile peppers. Sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese and pour about 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce over the cheese. Repeat with 3 more tortillas, the black beans, remaining chicken, seasonings, Chile peppers, and cheese. Top with remaining tortillas and enchilada sauce. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 5 to 6 hours. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.
Serves 6 to 8.