An easy recipe using chicken leg quarters and honey barbecue sauce, along with sweet potatoes and a little chopped onion.
Cook Time: 7 hours
- 3 cups peeled and sliced sweet potatoes, about 2 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 to 6 chicken leg quarters (legs with thighs0, skin removed
Preparation:In 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker, combine sweet potatoes, pineapple with juice, chicken broth, chopped onion, and ground ginger; stir to blend well. In small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, honey, and dry mustard; stir to blend well. Coat chicken generously on all sides barbecue sauce mixture. Arrange coated chicken in single layer over sweet potato and pineapple mixture, overlapping if necessary. Spoon any remaining barbecue sauce mixture over chicken. Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear, and sweet potatoes are tender.
Serves 4 to 6.