- 1 bag Oreo cookies
- 1 jar hot fudge sauce
- 1/2 gallon ice cream
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 or 4 Tbsp sugar
- These amounts were for a 10" pie pan. Make appropriate adjustments for different sized pans.
- Take 2 of the 3 rows of cookies in the bag, separate the cookie and cream parts, and crush the cookie pieces.
- Melt butter, and combine melted butter and crushed cookies in a bowl. Press combined mixture into pie pan on the bottom and all the way up the sides, and place in freezer for at least 10 minutes to set up.
- Let ice cream come to a temperature at which it can be worked with a spatula. (I worked mine in my Kitchenaid mixer until it was the consistency of thick frosting) Put ice cream into pie crust until it comes almost to the top of the pan. Place back in freezer to let ice cream set up again.
- Pour unheated hot fudge sauce on top of ice cream, covering entire top of ice cream all the way to the edges. Place in freezer again for at least 30 to 45 minutes, until sauce is very firm.
- Whip whipping cream and sugar until whipped cream is at stiff peak consistency. Spread across top of pie.
- Cut 6 remaining whole Oreo cookies in half, and place halves in a circle on top of the pie.
- Let set, at least a couple of hours, preferably overnight, and enjoy!