Barbecue salmon should more properly be called Grilled Salmon. It is not barbecued in the sense that any BBQ sauce is used as with chicken, beef or pork. It is, however, barbecued on a barbecue grill.
* 1 whole salmon, cleaned
* 2 to 3 lemons, sliced
* 2 to 3 limes, sliced
* a few tarragon sprigs
* a few dill sprigs
1. Place fish on double foil.
2. Cover salmon with herbs.
3. Arrange alternate citrus slices over the fish.
4. Arrange so that herbs and citrus are on both sides of fish.
5. Wrap well and refrigerate 1 hour
6. Preheat barbecue at medium high (or grey coals)
7. Cook 10 min for each inch thickness of salmon (inside foil).
8. If additional browning is desired, remove from foil and continue cooking (don't overcook)
The salmon may also be cooked in the oven at 350 degrees.
Serve with additional fresh citrus slices. Good hot or cold.