* 4 table spoons soy sauce
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 small can tomato sauce
* 1/4 pepper
* 1/4 tablespoon salt
* 2 cans of Pepsi
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke
* 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
* 2 tablespoons Teriyaki sauce
Directions1. Place meat in freezer until ice crystals begin to form (partially frozen).
2. Remove meat and slice into very thin strips with a sharp knife.
3. Combine all ingredients in a shallow bowl. Mix well. Turn meat several times to coat both sides with the marinade.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Oven method: Preheat oven to lowest setting. Place in bottom of oven to catch drippings. Skewer meat strips with toothpicks and hang on oven rack (see drawing)
Let dry in oven for 8 to 12 hours (depending on temperature of oven). Test jerky after 8 hours and remove from oven when it has the consistency you like.
Dehydrator method: Arrange meat on trays in single layer and dehydrate 10 to 12 hours.
Store jerky in or in tightly covered containers in cool, dry area.
* Low heat is essential. The goal is to dry the meat, not cook it.
* The thickness of the meat strips and oven or dehydrator temperature will effect drying time.