20 chicken wings, tips removed
* vegetable oil (enough to cover chicken in oil while frying)
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 tsp. paprika
* 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/2 cup Hot Sauce (Tabasco or your favorite)
* 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
* 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1. Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in small bowl.
2. Wash wings and leave damp.
3. Place wings in a large bowl and sprinkle the flour mixture over them, coating each wing generously.
4. Refrigerate wings for one hour.
5. Combine the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat.
6. Heat, stirring often, until the butter is melted and the spices are well-blended.
7. Deep-fry chicken, 8-10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree vegetable oil for 10 to 15 minutes or until some of the wing edges begin to turn dark brown.
8. Remove wings and place on to drain oil.
9. Place the wings in a large bowl. Add the hot sauce (from step 6) and stir, coating all of the wings evenly.
Good served hot or cold.