3 to 4 pounds your favorite chicken parts
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
* 1 medium green pepper, diced
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
* 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
* 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
* 3/4 cup dry red wine
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry with . Salt and pepper lightly.
2. Heat oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pot in a single layer. Cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken and keep warm.
3. Add mushrooms and green pepper to the pot and saut� until pepper is softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and saut� for an additional minute.
4. Return the chicken to the pot.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the tomato sauce, tomato paste, tomatoes, wine, basil and oregano. Add the flour and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pour sauce mixture over chicken. Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.