* 2 tablespoons canola oil
(or substitute bacon grease for added flavor)
* 1/2 cup flour for dredge
* 2 tablespoons flour for gravy
* 2 cup milk
* 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
Directions1. Trim fat from meat and cut into 4 equal servings.
2. steak with a mallet to tenderize it.
3. Mix 1/2 cup flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish and dredge each piece of meat in it, coating well on both sides.
4. in a heavy, wide skillet with a lid.
5. Brown the meat on both sides, turn heat down, cover and fry for 15 to 20 minutes until done.
6. Remove cover and cook another 5 minutes.
7. Remove steaks from the pan.
8. Reduce heat and sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour into the drippings and stir to dissolve. Cook until a rich brown color is obtained.
9. Slowly add milk while stirring. Cook until thick, about 3 to 5 minutes. Taste and add seasoning, if needed.
Serve gravy on top of the steaks or on the side.