* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
* 5 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 Tablespoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon peppercorns
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 Cup chili sauce
* 1/4 Cup brown sugar
* 1/4 Cup cider vinegar
* 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
* 3 pound boneless pork shoulder, trim off fat
1. Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, cook until soft but not browned.
2. Add garlic, chili powder and liquid smoke. Cook, stirring, one minute.
3. Add chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire. Bring to a boil while stirring.
4. Place pork in crock pot (slow cooker). Pour sauce over top. Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or until pork is falling apart.
5. Transfer meat to cutting board and shred.
6. Return shredded meat to crock pot and stir to coat in sauce while re-heating for 5 minutes.
Makes about 8 servings