* 4 cups water
* 1 tablespoon tomato paste
* 1 onion, diced
* 1 tablespoon
* 2 tablespoons molasses
* 1 teaspoon dry mustard
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 2 slices bacon
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Soak beans overnight.2. Drain soaked beans. Combine with water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Lower heat and simmer until tender, about 2 hours.
4. Drain beans. Combine beans with remaining ingredients and to a baking dish.
5. Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
6. Place bacon strips on top of beans and bake, UNCOVERED, for 30 minutes more or until bacon cooked through.