- 1/2 ounce dried mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 14 ounce vegetable broth
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Directions1. Soak mushrooms in boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove and chop mushrooms. Save water.
2. Combine butter and oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until better is melted.
3. Whisk in flour and stir until a smooth paste forms.
4. Whisk in mushrooms and saved liquid.
5. Add vegetable broth and heat just to boiling.
6. Add remaining ingredients, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring often.
Makes about 3 cups