July 3, 2010
Banana Cream Cheesecake
Banana Cream Cheesecake Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer cookies, finely crushed
1/2 cup melted butter
2 lbs. cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Banana Cream Cheesecake Directions:
1. Combine butter and cookie crumbs; press evenly into the bottom of a greased springform pan, chill.
2. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in sugar and cornstarch. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4. Add the bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla. Pour mixture over prepared crust.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees and bake an additional 75 minutes, or until center is almost set.
7. Allow to cool completely, then refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 6 hours.